|Name:||Curlwaa Memorial Hall (Mechanics Institute)|
|Location:||Section 2, Lot 12, Memorial Road, Curlwaa|
|Theme:||Services & Community Facilities|
Statement of Heritage Significance:
A timber frame, single storey structure with corrugated iron cladding. The structure is comprised of two sections, the rear providing an elevated stage area. The gable hip roof has simple timber fretwork. The wooden doorway is ordorned with the gates forming a war memorial.
The Curlwaa Hall is constructed on land originally allotted to G Cumming in 1907. The hall underwent a number of renovations and extensions until 1945 when it was decided that the hall and adjacent Curlwaa War Memorial were in a decrepit state and required restoration. A fund was established and the hall was to be dedicated as a public War Memorial. The renovated hall was opened in 1958 and the old War Memorial demolished as a traffic hazard.
C James and P Taylor “Curlwaa”
Recording Date: 16/12/1988
Film Frame Nos: