Wentworth Shire Council operates two aerodromes within the shire boundaries. They are Wentworth Aerodrome and Pooncarie Aerodrome.
Conditions of Use and Access
Wentworth and Pooncarie Aerodromes
The Conditions of Use and Access agreement has been developed in accordance with the required Australian compliance regulations and Acts relating to aviation and aerodrome operations.
The document provides a summary of the terms and conditions under which users access and use the infrastructure, facilities and services provided by WSC.
For a copy of the agreement please contact Council on 03 5027 5027.
The Wentworth aerodrome is situated about five kilometres from the town of Wentworth on the Old Renmark Road.
Council in 2020/21, with funding from Restart NSW carried out a major redevelopment of the aerodrome to 24 hour operations.
- The aerodrome consists of two runways: 08/26 being a 1400m long 23m wide seal runway with full-length taxiway access and Pilot Activated Lighting (PAL) allowing 24 hour operation.
- The aerodrome has two-sealed parking/tie down aprons for both day and night operation.
- Runway, Taxiway and Apron lighting being PAL operated with standby generator back up.
- 24 hour Avgas facility with swipe card (MC/V only) operation.
- Public amenities are limited to toilets.
- Local accommodation houses will pick up patrons from Wentworth aerodrome.
- The aerodrome is also home to the Sunraysia Sports Aircraft Club and is usually busiest at weekends for recreational flyers in light and ultra light craft.
- Wentworth Aerodrome’s traffic includes visits by emergency services including the police and flying doctor, as well as visiting government dignitaries and officials and many private aircraft.
- The aerodrome is operated and maintained by Wentworth Shire Council.
- Pilots are advised Fees and charges apply, please see below for details of Conditions of use and access and fees and charges.
Pilots are advised to check Airservices Website (NAIPS) for the most up-to-date serviceably information for Wentworth aerodrome.
Pilot information regarding Wentworth aerodrome is available from Airservices latest publication of ERSA.
M: 0429 952 796 Duty ARO
Fees and Charges
M: 0429 660 096 Jamie-Lee Stonham