Wentworth Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer. See below for current job vacancies.
- Before applying for any position with Council, it is important that you read the information for applicants page.
- Council undertakes pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, along with fit for work assessments as necessary to assess the suitability of applicants not currently employed by Council.
Information for Applicants
In order for your application to be considered it must include the following:
A Cover Letter
Your cover letter should be addressed to the General Manager. Ensure the Recruitment Number and Position Title are included in the subject line. The body of the letter should provide an outline of your skills and work experience.
Addressing the Selection Criteria
You must include a separate page that addresses the selection criteria. You should describe how your particular skills, abilities, work experience and qualifications enable you to satisfy the requirements of the position addressing each of the points listed under the selection criteria.
Current Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Your resume should include:
- Current personal details: Name, residential address, correct postal address, email address and day time contact phone numbers are
- Education and Training: list academic qualifications and training
- Work Experience: Details of positions you have held from present to past. Provide greater detail on more recent positions and positions that highlight experience relevant to the position you are applying
- Referees: Provide the name, title, organisation and telephone numbers of at least two referees, including your current supervisor where possible. Your referees should be able to comment on your work performance and abilities
How to lodge your application
By Post: PO Box 81, Wentworth NSW 2648
Hand Deliver: to 26 – 28 Adelaide Street Wentworth, or
Via Email: to email@example.com
No late applications are accepted.
Please note that Council does not provide feedback to those applicants who do not receive an interview.
- Council undertakes pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and fit for work assessments as necessary to assess the suitability of applicants not currently employed by Council.