Wentworth Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer. See below for current job vacancies.
- Before applying for any position with Council, it is important that you read the information for applicants page.
- Council undertakes pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, along with fit for work assessments as necessary to assess the suitability of applicants not currently employed by Council.
Guide to Applying For Wentworth Shire Council Positions
In order for your application to be considered it must include the following:
A Cover Letter
Your cover letter should be addressed to the General Manager. Ensure the Recruitment Number and Position Title are included in the subject line. The body of the letter should provide an outline of your skills and work experience.
Addressing the Selection Criteria
You must include a separate page that addresses the selection criteria. You should describe how your particular skills, abilities, work experience and qualifications enable you to satisfy the requirements of the position addressing each of the points listed under the selection criteria.
Current Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Your resume should include:
- Current personal details: Name, residential address, correct postal address, email address and day time contact phone numbers are
- Education and Training: list academic qualifications and training
- Work Experience: Details of positions you have held from present to past. Provide greater detail on more recent positions and positions that highlight experience relevant to the position you are applying
- Referees: Provide the name, title, organisation and telephone numbers of at least two referees, including your current supervisor where possible. Your referees should be able to comment on your work performance and abilities
Wentworth Shire Council is keen to hear from anyone seeking employment at Council. With a number of positions spread across the organisation, Council encourages individuals to submit their details, via a current resume outlining their skills set and attributes and how they would bring these traits to Council. Please lodge your seeking employment resume at the details below or contact Council at (03) 5027 5027 to speak to the Human Resources department.
How to lodge your application
By Post: PO Box 81, Wentworth NSW 2648
Hand Deliver: to 26 – 28 Adelaide Street Wentworth, or
Via Email: to firstname.lastname@example.org
No late applications are accepted.
Please note that Council does not provide feedback to those applicants who do not receive an interview.
- Council undertakes pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and fit for work assessments as necessary to assess the suitability of applicants not currently employed by Council.