What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Council has an obligation to protect the privacy of it’s website visitors. Here we describe what information may be collected and why. Any information we collect via this website will be treated within the terms of council’s privacy responsibilities and obligations.
Personal information collected via this website may include:
- Content of electronic forms or surveys completed on the website
- Any messages or commences submitted via this website or email address
Website statistics and cookies
The website server automatically collects website traffic information. Council uses this information to identify usage patterns and analytics to help improve the website. Information collected by the server includes:
- The IP address of the device you are using as well as information about previous and next sites visited
- The top level domain name e.g. .com / .gov / .au
- The address of your server
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The type of browser and operating system used
Information collected will be stored appropriately and securely. Council has implemented measures to protect this data however the security of any transmitted data is not guaranteed.
Links to other sites and social networking
When following links to other sites from this website, we recommend you read the privacy statement of that site to familiarise yourself with its privacy practices. This privacy statement does not extend beyond this website and Council is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other linked websites. Social networking services also have their own privacy policies for handling your personal information. This website privacy statement does not extend to social networking services.
Further information can be obtained by contacting council.