|Location:||Section 3, Delta Road, Curlwaa|
|Theme:||Services & Community Facilities|
Statement of Heritage Significance:
A series of connected weatherboard classrooms with extensions including built-in verandas. Currently approaching dereliction.
In 1917 settlers were notified that their application for a school in Curlwaa had been approved. W Wood, a local building contractor constructed the school, in which lessons began in 1919. Due to enrolment increases extra accommodation was added in 1934. After 1960 attendance decreased and the school closed in 1974.
Encourage restoration and seek consultation with the Department of Education to determine a suitable use for the buildings.
C James and P Taylor ‘Curlwaa’
Recording Date: 16/12/1988
Film Frame Nos: