|Name:||Gol Gol Cemetery|
|Location:||Cnr William and Bligh Street, Gol Gol|
Statement of Heritage Significance:
The small cemetery consists of a number of graves dating back to the 1880’s. The headstones are typically semi-circular. Constructed of marble by Adelaide stone-masons. Many of the earlier graves are defined by cast iron fences. Of contrast are the most recent headstones commemorating the death of residents with Mediterranean origin. There is one large granite monument in memory of a serviceman.
Some of Gol Gol’s earliest residents and pioneers of the township and surrounds are buried in the cemetery, including the Dring family. The oldest graves are for Charles Bradshaw (1880) and Oswald Bradshaw (1877).
Conservation by inclusion in the local Environmental Plan. Ensure no deterioration of grave stones. Maintain and upgrade grounds
K Voullaire ‘Gol Gol Township and School 1882-1982’
Recording Date: 13/12/1988
Film Frame Nos: