|Location:||Wentworth (rear of hospital)|
|Theme:||Services & Community Facilities|
Statement of Heritage Significance:
The ornate structure is comprised of a tall pre-stressed tower of nine cylindrical iron columns bolted in four sections, supporting a water tank with galvanised iron polygonal roof and decorative wrought iron finial.
The water tower was made by Hudson Brothers Ltd, of Clyde and imported to Australia. The towns water supply commenced in 1888. The impressive tower is an important feature of the Wentworth skyline and a fine representation of the provision of services in the initial years of municipal government.
Conservation. Prevention of deterioration. Maintenance of surrounding open area. Improved road and information board.
Recording Date: 15/11/1988
Film Frame Nos: