|Name:||St Andrews Uniting Church|
|Location:||Short Street, Wentworth|
|Use:||Uniting Church (Presbyterian)|
|Theme:||Services & Community Facilities|
Statement of Heritage Significance:
A small brick Church with low front and rear extension. The arched windows are hooded with stucco trim. The original building comprises the central hall, the porch and rear vestry added later. The church the chimney stack of Wentworth’s first brick building is displayed in the grounds of the church.
The towns first brick building was the Presbyterian manse built in 1859 which was later destroyed by fire. A church site was dedicated in 1863 but not built until 1881. In 1977 the Methodist and Presbyterian churches merged to form the Uniting Church.
Tulloch ‘The Historic Town of Wentworth’
Recording Date: 14/12/1988
Film Frame Nos: