|Name:||Town Hall (Mechanics Institute)|
|Location:||Adelaide Street, Wentworth|
|Condition:||Good, substantially altered|
Statement of Heritage Significance:
A brick building with masonry facade. The double parapet demonstrates horizontal reliefs. The original building has been largely altered and extended. The earlier form comprises a plain brick facade with brick quoins surrounding the doorway and long narrow double hung windows.
The original building was utilised as mechanics institute for public hall facilities until the late 1880’s when the Wentworth Municipal Council utilised the facility as a town hall and administration centre. The structure currently caters for a baby health clinic, newspaper office and some local functions. The building is a reminder of the early and ongoing administrative functions within the Shire.
Maintenance. Encourage reinstatement of the original facade.
Recording Date: 14/12/1988
Film Frame Nos: