|Location:||Lethero Station, Wentworth Road, Pooncarie (Darling)|
|Theme:||Services and Community Facilities|
Statement of Heritage Significance:
A single room cottage constructed of hand sawn timber with a high gable roof of corrugated iron and a small timber verandah supported by plain posts.
The original Lethero school was established in the 1890’s on Lethero, but was moved to Pomona in the early 1900’s. In 1927, an old building formerly attached to the main homestead was moved from the house and used as a school room. The building was been retained in its original form. The structure represents local attempts to combat isolation from basis community facilities.
Lans & Smith, ‘History of Pooncarie & District)
Recording Date: 16/12/1988
Film Frame Nos: