Flood Support Available via Disaster Recovery Allowance


Wentworth Shire Council residents affected by current flood waters now have access to the Federal Governments Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) to support them through these tough times. The Federal Government has made the announcement with claims open from 2pm Monday 21 November 2022. The easiest way for people to claim is online through myGov or call Services Australia on 180 22 66. Further information can be found at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/new-south-wales…

New South Wales Minister for Emergency Services and Resilience and Minister for Flood Recovery, the Hon Steph Cooke MP said “As the floodwaters continue to move downstream the number of communities impacted by flooding increases. We are now in our 67th day of this flood event, and in this time 75 local government areas have been declared natural disaster zones. We will continue to work with the Commonwealth to assess the impacts of this flooding and provide further financial support to individuals, families, farmers and business owners.”

Assistance for individuals may be obtained through Service NSW on 13 77 88. Assistance may include immediate assistance to meet the essential emergency needs of people who are directly affected by the floods and have no other means of meeting their immediate needs, Grants for essential household contents and Grants for essential structural repairs to homes.

Small businesses and primary producers may be eligible for assistance through Recovery Grants for primary producers, Freight subsidies for primary producers and Concessional interest rate loans (direct damage) to small businesses and primary producers. Contact NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593.

Small business or not-for-profit organisations in the Wentworth Shire that have been directly impacted by storms and floods may be eligible for a storm and flood disaster recovery small business grant. This disaster recovery grant of up to $50,000 is to help pay for the costs of clean-up and reinstatement of a small business or not-for-profit organisation’s operations. For more information Contact Service NSW on 13 77 88 or visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/…/apply-disaster…

Assistance to sporting and recreation clubs may be available to help community clubs in meeting the costs of restoration of essential club facilities that have been damaged or destroyed in floods. This is in the form of a small grant and loan. Clubs should contact the NSW Treasury via email at natural_disasters@treasury.nsw.gov.au .

Voluntary non-profit organisations may also be eligible for a loan assistance and should contact NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 for further information.