Expressions of Interest
Closing date 5:00pm Friday 16 June 2023
Wentworth Shire Council is establishing a Heritage & History Advisory Committee to act in an advisory capacity to the Council with respect to providing support and advice on cultural heritage within the Local Government Area (LGA). This will include providing advice in relation to proposed and current heritage listings, including the identification and documentation of heritage items associated with Indigenous and European history.
The Committee will comprise two (2) Councillors and a number of community representatives as voting members of the Committee, with Council’s General Manager and Director Health & Planning as non-voting members of the Committee. Expressions of Interest (EOI) are sought from suitably interested and experienced individuals to participate in the Committee as community representatives. The final number of community representatives will be determined following review of the EOIs submitted.
Membership for the Heritage & History Advisory Committee will be considered against the following criteria:
- demonstrated extensive interest in and knowledge of cultural heritage and local history of Wentworth Shire;
- demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the challenges and opportunities affecting local heritage management;
- a willingness to commit time to be actively involved in the Committee;
- resident, ratepayer or a strong association with the Wentworth LGA, including a strong interest and understanding of the local heritage and history;
- the ability to effectively listen, cooperate with community members holding similar or different points of view, and constructively participate as a member; and
- demonstrated practical experience in promoting and protecting heritage.
Interested applicants should address the above criteria when submitting an EOI.
An EOI is to be submitted by completion of an EOI form below and attaching supporting information addressing the above criteria.
Applications from an organisation representative must be accompanied by endorsed minutes from a meeting of that organisation’s executive endorsing the representative.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted by no later than 5.00pm Friday 16 June 2023 either online, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or addressed to the General Manager, Wentworth Shire Council, PO Box 81 Wentworth NSW 2648.
Please complete the form below to submit an online EOI or download the form below.