Full time permanent position | $63,361.95/year plus 11% superannuation
Wentworth Shire Council is seeking a suitable and motivated individual for the position of Water and Waste Water Operator. The successful applicant will be required to undertake duties in support of Council’s day to day operations, ensuring all water and sewerage assets are operated and maintained in accordance with best practice.
Wentworth Shire Council offers a rewarding career with excellent working conditions and a positive team-focused culture. Take the opportunity to join our dynamic, committed team striving to make a difference to our local community. Other benefits associated with this role include;
- Commuter use of a Council vehicle;
- Exposure to work in a position with great diversity/mixture of tasks; and
- Professional development assistance to obtain qualifications/competencies.
The position is subject to the satisfactory completion of a three-month probation period and has a commencement salary of $63,361.95 + 11% superannuation. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a fit for work assessment and a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience/understanding in water and/or waste water treatment operations.
- Ability to work a 7-day rotating on call roster and available for overtime and after hours duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and have the required initiative to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and adapt to the various daily challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work to health and safety requirements.
- Experience in general labouring activities and maintenance techniques.
- Have a working understanding on units, fractions, decimals and graphs.
- Experience in using standard computer software.
- Valid and current white card.
- Valid and current drivers licence.
- Qualifications in water operations / treatment.
- Willingness to undertake study to obtain or advance qualifications.
- Working ability and competent to operate and maintain various items of plant and equipment.
- Plumbing or pipe laying experience.
- Confined spaces certificate.
- First aid certificate (training available).
- Qualifications in traffic control (training available).
|Honesty & Integrity|
|Accountability & Transparency|
|BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT|
|Accrued Rostered Days Off over the course of a year on top of four weeks Annual Leave|
|Long Service Leave entitlements after five years service|
|Professional development opportunities|
Closing: 4pm, Tuesday 3 October 2023
No late applications are accepted.
For further information, contact Glen Norris, Manager Human Resources on (03) 5027 5027.
In order for your application to be considered it must include the following:
A Cover Letter
Your cover letter should be addressed to the General Manager. Ensure the Recruitment Number and Position Title are included in the subject line. The body of the letter should provide an outline of your skills and work experience.
Addressing the Selection Criteria
You must include a separate page that addresses the selection criteria. You should describe how your particular skills, abilities, work experience and qualifications enable you to satisfy the requirements of the position addressing each of the points listed under the selection criteria.
Current Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Your resume should include:
- Current personal details: Name, residential address, current postal address, email address, preferred day time contact phone numbers
- Education and Training: list academic qualifications and training
- Work Experience: Details of positions you have held from present to past. Provide greater detail on more recent positions and positions that highlight experience relevant to the position you are applying
- Referees: Provide the name, title, organisation and telephone numbers of at least two referees, including your current supervisor where possible. Your referees should be able to comment on your work performance and abilities
How to lodge your application
PO Box 81, Wentworth NSW 2648
26 – 28 Adelaide Street, Wentworth NSW 2648
To apply for this job, email your cover letter, resume and response to the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org