The use of the Service NSW QR code check-in will be mandatory at all workplaces and retail businesses from Monday 12 July.
From 12 July, these businesses will need to display the Service NSW QR code and take reasonable steps to ensure people entering their premises check-in using the Service NSW QR codes or digital sign-in sheet:
• Retail businesses and supermarkets
• Individual shops within shopping centres
• Shopping centres will also be asked to display QR codes at entry points where practicable
• Offices, including call centres
• Manufacturing and warehousing
• Universities and TAFE
• Schools including teachers and visitors (such as parents and contractors) but excluding students.
Businesses such as hospitality and hairdressers that were already using the Service NSW QR code will also need to ensure staff and visitors such as maintenance workers and delivery drivers check-in.
Hospitality businesses will now need to extend the use of the Service NSW COVID-Safe check-in to all customers including takeaway orders.
Businesses that fail to comply with the new health order requirements may be subject to fines and in case of flagrant breaches, temporary closure orders.