Term Contract position until 30 June 2025 (35 hours per week) | $65,832.00 – $70,893.86/year plus 11% superannuation
Wentworth Shire Council is seeking applications from an enthusiastic and motivated individual for the position of Road Safety Officer. The primary focus on the role will be to plan, develop and implement evidence based local road safety projects as agreed with Transport for NSW and as per the Local Government Road Safety Program (LGRSP) in Council, fostering existing partnerships and encouraging wider community ownership and participation in road safety.
Wentworth Shire Council offers a rewarding career with excellent working conditions and a positive team-focused culture. Take the opportunity to join our dynamic, committed team striving to make a difference to our local community.
The position is subject to the satisfactory completion of a three-month probation period and has a commencement salary of between $65,832.00 and $70,893.86 (dependent on skills and experience) plus 11% superannuation. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a fit for work assessment and a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Key Selection Criteria – ESSENTIAL
- Tertiary qualifications in Behavioural Science, Education, Health, Promotion, Marketing, Communications, Sciences and related disciplines, or alternatively, extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, to consult and network with key agencies, community groups, local businesses and other stakeholders to identify local road safety needs
- Demonstrated ability to apply available guidelines to design, promote, implement, monitor and evaluate community road safety programs in line with funded program objectives.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills including report writing, development of management and strategic plans, negotiation skills and the ability to relate to people across a range of backgrounds.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner representative of the values of Wentworth Shire Council with colleagues, stakeholders and residents.
- Ability to effectively work individually and in a team environment with minimal supervision and the ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Experience in statistical analysis and ability to use computer applications including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Current and valid Driver Licence.
|Honesty & Integrity|
|Accountability & Transparency|
|BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT|
|Accrued Rostered Days Off over the course of a year on top of four weeks Annual Leave|
|Long Service Leave entitlements after five years service|
|Professional development opportunities|
Closing: 4pm, Monday 25 September 2023
No late applications are accepted.
For further information, contact Glen Norris, Manager Human Resources on (03) 5027 5027.
In order for your application to be considered it must include the following:
A Cover Letter
Your cover letter should be addressed to the General Manager. Ensure the Recruitment Number and Position Title are included in the subject line. The body of the letter should provide an outline of your skills and work experience.
Addressing the Selection Criteria
You must include a separate page that addresses the selection criteria. You should describe how your particular skills, abilities, work experience and qualifications enable you to satisfy the requirements of the position addressing each of the points listed under the selection criteria.
Current Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Your resume should include:
- Current personal details: Name, residential address, current postal address, email address, preferred day time contact phone numbers
- Education and Training: list academic qualifications and training
- Work Experience: Details of positions you have held from present to past. Provide greater detail on more recent positions and positions that highlight experience relevant to the position you are applying
- Referees: Provide the name, title, organisation and telephone numbers of at least two referees, including your current supervisor where possible. Your referees should be able to comment on your work performance and abilities
How to lodge your application
PO Box 81, Wentworth NSW 2648
26 – 28 Adelaide Street, Wentworth NSW 2648
To apply for this job, email your cover letter, resume and response to the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org