Full time permanent position | $78,785.20 – $84,843.04/year plus 11% superannuation
Wentworth Shire Council is seeking a suitable and motivated individual for the position of Planning Officer. The successful applicant will be committed to achieving quality outcome, along with providing planning guidance to ensure compliance with the relevant planning instruments, codes and policy. Additionally, you will assist with the development of various strategic planning documents to guide the future needs of Council.
Wentworth Shire Council offers a rewarding career with excellent working conditions and a positive team-focused culture. Take this opportunity to join our committed team which strives to make a difference within the community.
The position is subject to the satisfactory completion of a three-month probation period and has a commencement salary range between $78,785.20 and $84,843.04, depending on skills and experience, plus 11% superannuation. The successful applicant will be required to successfully undertake a fit for work assessment along with a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning accredited by PIA,
- Minimum 12 months experience in town planning,
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979,
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and written, to present a customer focussed approach to the public and private sector,
- The ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team,
- Strong computer literacy,
- Ability to prioritise a demanding work schedule to meet deadlines
- Maintain a current ad valid driver’s licence
|Honesty & Integrity|
|Accountability & Transparency|
|BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT|
|Accrued Rostered Days Off over the course of a year on top of four weeks Annual Leave|
|Long Service Leave entitlements after five years service|
|Professional development opportunities|
Closing: 4pm, Monday 25 September 2023
No late applications are accepted.
For further information, contact Glen Norris, Manager Human Resources on (03) 5027 5027.
In order for your application to be considered it must include the following:
A Cover Letter
Your cover letter should be addressed to the General Manager. Ensure the Recruitment Number and Position Title are included in the subject line. The body of the letter should provide an outline of your skills and work experience.
Addressing the Selection Criteria
You must include a separate page that addresses the selection criteria. You should describe how your particular skills, abilities, work experience and qualifications enable you to satisfy the requirements of the position addressing each of the points listed under the selection criteria.
Current Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Your resume should include:
- Current personal details: Name, residential address, current postal address, email address, preferred day time contact phone numbers
- Education and Training: list academic qualifications and training
- Work Experience: Details of positions you have held from present to past. Provide greater detail on more recent positions and positions that highlight experience relevant to the position you are applying
- Referees: Provide the name, title, organisation and telephone numbers of at least two referees, including your current supervisor where possible. Your referees should be able to comment on your work performance and abilities
How to lodge your application
PO Box 81, Wentworth NSW 2648
26 – 28 Adelaide Street, Wentworth NSW 2648
To apply for this job, email your cover letter, resume and response to the selection criteria to email@example.com