The NSW Government has announced a major new grants package and changes to the Dine & Discover program to help tens of thousands of small businesses and people across NSW impacted by the current COVID-19 restrictions.
The package includes grants of between $5,000 and $10,000 for small businesses, payroll tax deferrals for all employers, an extension of the Dine & Discover program to 31 August and the ability for people to use Dine & Discover vouchers for takeaway delivered directly to their home by the venue itself.
Businesses will be able to apply for the grants through Service NSW from later in July and will need to show a decline in turnover across a minimum two-week period after the commencement of major restrictions on June 26.
The grants will be divided into two streams:
- Small Business COVID-19 Support Grant. Available to businesses and sole traders with a turnover of more than $75,000 per annum but below the NSW Government 2020-21 payroll tax threshold of $1,200,000 as at 1 July 2020.
These businesses must have fewer than 20 full time equivalent employees and an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in New South Wales or be able to demonstrate they are physically located and primarily operating in New South Wales.
(Full criteria will be available in coming days on the Service NSW website). Service NSW
- Hospitality and Tourism COVID-19 Support Grant. Available to tourism or hospitality businesses that have a turnover of more than $75,000 and an annual Australian wages bill of below $10 million, as at 1 July 2020.
These business must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in New South Wales or be able to demonstrate they are physically located and primarily operating in New South Wales. (Full criteria will be available in coming days on the Service NSW website). Service NSW
Other key elements of the package announced on Tuesday include:
- Dine & Discover vouchers will be able to be used for takeaway from eligible and registered Dine businesses during the restriction period, but food must be delivered direct to the home by the restaurant or café and not picked up.
- A further one-month extension of Dine & Discover vouchers until 31 August 2021 to allow people more time to use them.
- An optional deferral of payroll tax payments due in July 2021 and the deferral of hotel June quarter gaming machine tax.