NSW 2021 COVID-19 Business Grants – applications open
If you’re a business, sole trader or not-for-profit organisation in NSW and you’ve been impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions, you may be eligible for a one-off grant of $7,500, $10,500 or $15,000.
The 2021 COVID-19 business grant provides support for businesses that experienced reduced demand or had to close due to the public health orders. It will support businesses with cash flow for the first 3 weeks of the Greater Sydney lockdown which started on 26 June 2021.
Applications will close at 11:59pm on 13 September 2021.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- demonstrate your business was operating in NSW as at 1 June 2021
- have had total annual Australian wages of $10 million or less as at 1 July 2020
- have had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have business costs for which there is no other government support available
- maintain your employee headcount as at 13 July 2021.
See the guidelines for definitions.
Three different grant amounts will be available depending on the decline in turnover experienced over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 17 July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more.
Businesses and not-for-profit organisations on the NSW border with Victoria impacted by the stay-at-home orders that began on 27 May 2021 may use a different comparison period to demonstrate a decline in turnover.
For each of the 3 grant amounts, these businesses must demonstrate a decline in turnover over a minimum 2-week period from 27 May 2021 to 17 July 2021.