The Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) reported 6 cases of COVID-19 to 8pm 25 August, bringing the total cases in Far West LHD up to 56.
Five of the new cases are in Wilcannia and one case is in Broken Hill.
All of these cases are in isolation and are being contacted regularly by public health staff for health and welfare checks.
Follow up investigations and contact tracing is continuing.
Anyone in the community with COVID-19 who is isolating at home needs to call for an ambulance if they experience a deterioration in symptoms, including breathlessness and dizziness. Other symptoms are fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, fatigue, acute blocked nose (congestion), muscle pain, joint pain, headache, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite, unexplained chest pain and conjunctivitis.
FWLHD is calling on anyone who has been in Wilcannia in recent days to get tested regardless of whether or not they have symptoms.
All Far West residents must limit their movements in the community at this time. Anyone in FWLHD who is currently experiencing, or has recently experienced, even mild cold-like symptoms is asked to come forward immediately for testing.
The public are advised of venues of concern associated with confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Anyone who attended any of the following venues listed on the specified dates and times (all CST) are casual contacts (unless they have been contacted by NSW Health as close contacts) and must get tested and isolate until a negative test result is received.
- Coles Broken Hill on Sunday, 15 August – 10.25am to 10.50am; Friday, 20 August – 10.25am to 11.25am.
- Ivanhoe Petrol Station on Monday, 16 August – 12.40pm to 12.55pm.
- Woolworths Broken Hill on Thursday, 19 August – 11.30am to 1pm; Wednesday, 18 August – 2pm to 4pm; Saturday, 14 August – 11.35am to 11.50am.
- Axel’s Pet Supplies, 229 Oxide Street on Friday, 20 August – 9.45am to 9.55am.
- Broken Hill Gourmet Meat, Cnr Gossan and Blende Streets on Friday, 20 August – 11.45am to 11.55am.
- Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse, 4-5 Village Shopping Centre on Friday, 20 August – 9.30am to 9.40am.
- Liquorland, Broken Hill on Friday, 20 August – 10.25am to 11.25am.
- Wilcannia Roadhouse Grahams Motel on Saturday, 14 August – 9am to 9.10am.
For a full list of locations, including close and casual contact venues, public transport routes or changes to previously reported venues, visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/nsw-covid-19-case-locations
The FWLHD has increased testing capacity in the District, including in Wilcannia and Broken Hill.
A COVID-19 testing clinic is operating at Wilcannia Oval (entry from Myer Street) from 9am to 4pm daily.
A pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic is operating at the Alma Oval in Broken Hill, from 8am to 4pm this week. The Alma Oval clinic can accommodate drive through tests.
A COVID-19 drive through testing clinic is operating at Memorial Oval in Broken Hill from 8am to 5pm, seven days a week. Everyone is asked to enter via Williams Street and exit via Warnock Street (left turn only).
There are more than 460 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week.
To find your nearest clinic visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics or contact your GP.