Drought funding available
The Australian Government Drought Community Support Initiative (DCSI) Round 2 provides financial assistance to farmers, farm workers, contractors and suppliers impacted by the drought.
The funding provides a one-off $3000 cash payment to eligible households.
The St Vincent De Paul Society is assisting to distribute the funds.
The payment is limited to one per household.
Farmers, farm workers, contractors and suppliers that live and/or work in the Wentworth Local Government Area can apply.
You must also meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- 18 years old or older
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Impacted by the drought
- You can apply over the phone or through our online application form.
- Call 1300 846 643 to apply over the phone (Monday – Friday, 8am – 8pm)
- Click here to apply online
- You must provide identification and other supporting documentation with your application. Click here to see what documents you will need.
Round 2 funding of the DCSI has been open since 19 November 2019 and will continue until funds have been exhausted or no later than 30 April 2021.