Apply for a Border Crossing Permit

  • NSW residents do not need a permit to enter Victoria, however permits are required if there is a need to enter and return from NSW to go about daily life (ie work, medical, childcare etc)
  • If you live within a 50 kilometre radius of the border, you can now apply for a border entry permit but please be aware that high levels of demand are being experienced with Service NSW.
  • Presently, you can still demonstrate your eligibility to cross the border to police by carrying relevant documentation based on your exemption category.
  • We ask our residents to plan ahead for possible delays and to adhere to all traffic directions.