Pay My Rates

Rate Payment Due Dates

1st instalment of rates is due end of August   
2nd instalment is due end of November 
3rd instalment is due end of February 
4th instalment is due end of May

As per the Local Government Act, 1993, the interest rate has been set at 8% per annum on overdue rates.

Should you have any difficulty in paying, please contact  Council’s Rates Department on (03) 5027 5027 to discuss suitable arrangements.

Methods of Payment:
  • Online or over the phone with POSTbillpay or Bpay (Bpay Biller Code: 241653). 
  • In person at Council's Office, Wentworth
  • Any Australia Post retail outlet.
  • Download and complete a Direct Debit form and return to Council.
  • To arrange deductions from your Centerlink payment, contact Centrelink with your property reference number (located on your rates notice) and Council's Provider Number 555 052 170X. Find out more on the Centrelink website or call Council's Rates Department on (03) 5027 5027

Introduction of the Fire and Emergency Services Levy

In 2017 the NSW Government will introduce a fairer system for collecting the levy that helps fund our community’s fire and emergency services.

From 1 July 2017 a new Fire and Emergency Services Levy (FESL) will be paid by all property owners alongside council rates which will be collected by local councils.

The FESL will replace the Emergency Services Property Levy (ESPL) that is currently collected as part of all property-based insurance policies. From this date, insurance companies will no longer collect the levy as part of property insurance premiums, and therefore insurance premiums will be lower, allowing more people to be able to afford to insure their homes and businesses.

The reform will mean the burden of funding these services will no longer fall only on those with property insurance, but all landowners. The vast majority of insured residential property owners will be better off under the FESL.

Please refer to the Fire and Emergency Services Levy website for further information. 

Pensioner Rebates

You may be eligible to apply for a pensioner rebate if you hold a current pensioner concession card and are responsible for payment of rates. To find out if you are eligible read the attached information sheet - Applying for a Pensioner Concession. To apply for a pension rebate you must produce your pension card and complete a Pensioner Concession Application Form and return it to Council.

Change of Address

It is important that any changes of address are received in writing. This ensures that the Council property records show the correct mailing address for the issue of the notices. 

Change of address notifications can be forwarded to:
Wentworth Shire Council, PO Box 81, Wentworth NSW 2648 or email to
Failure to advise Council of these changes may result in penalties such as interest charges being levied.

Please refer to the Annual Statement of Revenue

Newsletter from the NSW Valuer General

NSW Valuer General - Information and resources on 2016 land values

2016 land values

The 1 July 2016 land values for all land in NSW have been released and are publically available at


Information about land values, the valuation system and review process

To help the community better understand land values and how valuations are made, there is a wide range of free information on the Valuer General’s website including:

·         Interactive land value summaries for all local government areas and 14 regions across New South Wales for 1 July 2016 land values

·         Valuer General’s report on 1 July 2016 land values

·         Fact sheets and policies explaining how land values are made

·         Property sales information

·         How to request a land value review


Notice of Valuation

Landholders are sent a Notice of Valuation showing their new land value when councils are sent new values for rating.

Notices of Valuation for 1 July 2016 land values are being issued to landholders in all local government areas on a rolling cycle across the state. A fact sheet and newsletter from the Valuer General will be issued with the Notice of Valuation to assist landholders. Information about the proposed Emergency Services Property Levy (ESPL) is included in both the fact sheet and newsletter.


Having land values reviewed

Landholders can ask the Valuer General to review the land value or property information on their notice. The review kit helps landholders lodge an objection. It contains an information booklet, objection form and sales report. Landholders can get a review kit by calling 1800 110 038, or by lodging their objection online.


Further Information

Please contact the Customer Service Centre on 1800 110 038 or at